Monday, April 19, 2004

News Flash: Photos from Gold Coast Posted ...

... please scroll down for Monday's dose of visual stimulation (thank you Shar for the photos).
Don't photos spruce up a dull page? Speaking of which: Rebecca, you cannot possibly deny us the pleasure of daily RC updates! Commenting system/photos/design/images/ etc are all aethestic luxuries we can do without, but dry wit and stumpy remarks ... do you want me to die? Okay maybe a bit hyperbolic but you get the drift.

Well the weekend that breezed passed was relatively active for me - just as well because I just realised this morning that I ate creamy/fatty cake on 4 out of the 7 days last week! ugh! Hmmm just had a fantastic idea - Kaya & Peanut Butter Cake for my birthday! PLUS I am beginning to notice the early signs of a hideous beer gut. (OshKoshB)GOSH! One of the side effects of owning an infantile beer gut is the feeling of your boobs touching your stomach when you are sitting. But of course it's not my boobs (because mine ain't that big) ... it is in fact the rolls on my infantile beer gut. Oh this is grossing me out so I shall stop forthwith!

Okay so Friday night a bunch of us were @ the Opera Bar for Duane's bday/graduation drinks. I was very happy because they had my fave beer on tap.
Saturday was a day out @ Centennial Park where we consumed snags, meat and more meat courtesy of the culinary expertise of Mr Kit Chan. We then played a bit of soccer (I am so heavy on my feet ... was definitely running like a Wally especially with those long bball shorts), volleyball and cycled around the park. It's funny because Bec, Shar and myself all turned up in bball shorts. People must think that we are tryhard ballers ... but there's no shame in that ;p I must mention that I scored an above-average 'bend it like Beckham' corner kick goal. Lots of witnesses to corroborate my claim!
After a bit of a run-around, we proceeded to head to Le Chaddy's house for his bday celebrations. Food is always in abundance @ his house, not to mention TASTY! YUM YUM YUM! Sang karaoke for most of the night. Thought I was a competent vocalist when I scored 97 singing "more than words" but bloody Sharlene scored 99 singing "my heart will go on"! Unbelievable because of the following reasons: it's the crappiest song ever; Celine Dion is the 2nd crappiest singer after Michael Bolton; if you've heard Sharlene sing ... well you would have a good hearty laugh :) hehehehehe. Anyways, it was a good night, topped off with an appreciative send-off ;p
Sunday was Mandy's bday celebrations @ Liberty Grove which reminded me of a cool Sim-Community! We ate more snags, meat and meat, played a bit of bball and softball. I've forgotten how much I used to love playing softball. The feel of nice sweaty mits in your hand and sliding to 1st base. Afterwards, a few of us went over to Cripple-Clinton's to help out with some editing. It's looking very good but for the lack of time problem.

So there's a quick synopsis of my weekend. Isn't it weird how sometimes you can be soooo busy and yet remained unsatisfied?
This week marks the start of touch football and the Anzac long weekend, after which I will be heading down to Melbourne for a training course. And ooo ooo Kill Bill II comes out this week!

Okay, it is with much trepidation that I upload the following file containing the footage of my "borocca test" where the aim was to hold a mouthful of borocca and water without allowing any of it fizzling out. So to appease my subconscious, I have decided to take it down at the end of this week - so if you miss out, you MISS OUT! Watch out for Fiona's and Sharlene's footage (after I get permission) in the coming days.
Gimme a look. Probably a good idea to "save target as" in this instance and turn up the volume. Disclaimer: I was only slighly hurt in the shooting of this video. Warning: the file is quite big and may be a bit disturbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment