Thursday, April 22, 2004

Have been ultra busy busy. Life is just stressful when you're busy busy!
There's been some kafuffles about my trip to Melbourne on Tuesday. Originally was meant to come back Wednesday (and make it to my first basketball game), but they have gently coerced me to stay an extra night until Thursday. Far be it for the person at the lowest level of the food chain to ignore such gentle coercion. Reason for the extended stay is to meet my next immediate manager and the team, who are all based in Melbourne. So if anbody feels like visiting Melbourne for a coupla days, gimme a call. Free acommodation!
Anyway, I am on a 6am flight outta Sydney (and I thought 8:05am was bad! see below). Looks like it's going to be an extra long weekend for me. Though lots to complete before then, including studying - thrills of the nation!

Managed to sign up to Gmail today. It offers 1000MB! That's major! I feel so special because I now have: marissa.wong@gmail.com in my grubby big-palmed hands!

Not much to banter about today. Got in a hot tub with a guy last night (well sim-marissa did anyway) ... and bought a basketball hoop for sim-marissa to play with. I think she's pretty happy, although she needs to hold some kinda of art exhibition and I have no idea how to go about it. And I'm a bit offended that they automatically assume that all Virgos are neat. Because of this gross (mis)generalisation, I spend half my energy/time cleaning - unwillingly might I add. I swear Virgo is the worse star sign EVER. I am supposedly meant to be anal and clean. Who would choose adjectives like those to describe oneself? I'd rather be passionate and driven or something to that effect. Oh well, I don't believe it star signs so I shall digress.

Stories of the day:
An old lady was trying to peel off the cling-wrap from her delivered newspaper on the train this morning. Her hands were so frail that she was having trouble undoing it. In fact, her veins on her hands were gradually getting more and more bulbous. Such a simple task turns into an absolute nightmare. I was contemplating ripping the stupid thing off for her, but I was probably getting more angry than she was. Maybe you have more patience as you mature to make up for the bulbous veins?

I gave the Coles lady a $20 to pay for a $1.80 lemon ice tea and she didn't yell at me or give me a death stare! I was so happy! I shall refer her name to City Rail - and she would win the best employee of the decade fo shiz!

No comments:

Post a Comment