Tuesday, April 20, 2004

I got into work at the most ungodly hour: 8:05am, i.e. I was sitting @ my desk and ready to blog at 5 minutes past 8. This may be no big feat for most, but for someone that sleeps in til 3pm if given the chance to, and cleansed of any anti-sleep mechanisms (e.g. clock/need to work) - this is a monumental effort. Alright I'm going to get my blog over and done with so I can do some real work for the rest of the day.

Last night we had our first touch footy match for the winter season. Damn! I was feeling the cold already. I was wearing 3 layers and STILL shivering - and apparently it wasn't even THAT cold last night. Definitely cold-adverse which is ironic because I look like an Inuit. In fact, I have resorted to whipping out the good 'ol spencer this morning. Anyway ... yet again I managed to get into a kafuffle with one of the guys from the opposition. I think last night was the angriest I have ever allowed myself to become in a game. It was definitely the only emotional outburst I've ever succumbed to, but for the very unfortunate incident @ Bankstown basketball courts which resulted in an unaligned jaw. So what happened? Well I went down for a dump and usually what happens is that you try and push off on your defender to recover and get back into play. Instead of letting me do so, this MALE decides to hold on to me with quite a bit of force for 5 seconds too long. Extremely offended by this unsportsmanlike behaviour, I attempted to pull his arm so he would let go of my shirt. Before too long we were caught up in a tangle on the grass, with me squirming around getting more irritated by the second. Finally I got up and fully yelled out (albeit in the girliest voice ever *duh*) "you don't have to fucking pull me!!!!!" and proceeded to push him back down to the ground with every inch of muscle I had. He looked pretty damn stunned and probably would have hit me if I wasn't of the opposite sex. There is a certain sense of power and satisfaction when you are standing over a fallen man, especially after you've pushed him to the ground. Anyway, this all happened in back play (which is rather unfortunate), so only Sharlene (who was on the sidelines) and I think Alan witnessed it. Apparently Shar was on her way to defend me - with those guns, I'm sure she would have taken him out EASILY :D This MALE apologised afterwards, but it's a case of too little too late. It should have never happened and he should be very ashamed and banished from this earth. In fact, he should join the Canterbury Bulldogs - he would fit right in!

So the unfortunate incidents involving Marissa and sport continues. I should really keep a tally.

No comments:

Post a Comment