Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Pain is your friend ... whoever made up that aphorism clearly had minimal nerve endings and limited muscle mass.

I am suffering from a growing list of injuries including:
• Sprained left ankle
• Sprained right ankle
• Screwed left shoulder
• Screwed right shoulder (as of last night due to diving @ touch footy AGAIN. I mustn't know how to dive properly - if there IS a proper to dive)
• Unaligned teeth (due to Steve's shoulder. Could I have picked a bonier guy?)
• Sore neck due to massive-sized head

Coming from a person who is lopsided - my body is amazingly balanced when it comes to injuries. I guess I don't mind the pain. It's just the fact that you are unable to do even the most simple things e.g. tie your hair, sling your bag across you shoulders, wave your hands around like a mad-man in those fits of rage, help people with those top shelved items at Coles etc. Oh the enormity of it all!

Speaking of mad-man. Got into an argument over car-parking with this man on Friday night. There he was standing in the middle of the road on Sussex Street, minding a spot for his friend. And there I was trying to bowl him over in reverse gear. So began the debacle when I stepped out of the car to have a 'forceful' chat with him. Notwithstanding the fact that he made us wait 8 minutes for this "friend" to get there, he also bluntly told his lady friends to go away. Where's the chivalry? Can't believed they listened to him either, was tempted to tell them to stay since they were so accommodating. Anyway, I knew there was no way he was going to give that spot up (even though he was standing in the middle of the road!) so really the whole exercise was for my verbal entertainment and mental stimulation. And HAR! I was taller than him! Guess I would have been less heavy-handed if he was cute ... but he wasn't (though his friend was alright).

No comments:

Post a Comment