Thursday, November 13, 2003

A wave of panic is engulfing my existence.
Things to do for wedding before tomorrow morning:
• Buy dress
• Finish off quiz
• Prepare corny jokes for MC
• Take non existent annual leave
• Finish off reports/presentations at work.

Yup talk about ultimate preparation.

Things that made me chuckle (even in my state of anarchy) on the way from Town Hall to work:

• These bunch of old ladies that walked in a perfect line spanning the width of the pathway, meaning that NOBODY could overtake them. They were just going along their merry way not realising the chaos they were creating. Seeing as there was a traffic jam in front of me, I decided to stop off and grab coffee from my fave coffee shop. After the brief sojourn I continued to walk to work and whom shall I bump into again but the old ladies. I swear they must have only clocked up 5 metres in that 10 minute period. Is that the perfect example of the term 'decrepit' or what!

• A young child (we won't mention the fact that he was Asian) smiling gleefully because he found a Telegraph Mirror in the rubbish bin - hoorah! Geepers, maybe if it was The Australian I'd get a bit excited but the Telegraph Mirror?!? That's the newspaper version of Today Tonight *shiver*

• Coffee from my fave coffee shop - they know exactly what I want every morning. Talk about personal service.

• One of the ladies in my group at work. She's so funny. She was explaining to me this morning that she is too hammered to go through some work related material with me. I ain't complaining.

Chuckle over, back to reality.

N.B
I have decided that one of my favourite (if not the favourite) christmas song is 'Winter Wonderland'.

Sleigh bells ring, are you listening,
in the lane, snow is glistening
A beautiful sight,
we're happy tonight,
walking in a winter wonderland.

Click here for the rest of the words

No comments:

Post a Comment