Friday, November 28, 2003

My blog has been accused of being the following things:
• Negative;
• Satirical;
• Appearing smarter than I really am;
• False advertising;
• Lacking of anecdotes;
• Being too brief.

Admittedly these remarks were imparted quite facetiously but I can't help but feel the need to address these wild and whirling words.

Negative
In English, a double negative forms a positive (as is the case in algebra actually). Seeing as there are apparently that many (-)s residing on this blog, we are really looking at an overall (+) picture aren't we?
Damn this 'common cold' is rendering me deaf AND my neck is STILL causing me grief. Oh look! Another positive!


Satirical
The journey from Town Hall to work usually involves walking through a set of automatic sliding doors. However this particular sliding door is rather special as only the right pane slides. So in my state of weakened immunity and caffeine-deprivation, the only logical thing to do is to walk into the left pane *BAM*
Much worse than bashing your head against the window of a city rail train when you're doing the head-nodding sleeping thing.


Appearing smarter than I really am
The above should adequately abate any perception of me possessing a high IQ.


False advertising
I know, I haven't delivered on many of my promises e.g. elaborating on the Leo-Goh wedding and explaining my 'care factor zero' theory. But I should really endeavour to rectify the obvious 'false advertisement', and that requires me to metamorphose into some kind of Miss Universe. Maybe then I emulate Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality and sing "you really like me, you want to date me, you want to kiss me"?.


Lacking of anecdotes
Today I went into the toilet with a cup. Unfortunately (as is always the case) someone was in the lavatory while I was walking in with a cup and she gave me a queer look. What's so weird about walking into the loo with a cup?


Being too brief.
"Brevity is the soul of wit" (10 points for anyone who can guess the owner of that quote - preferably without the help of google - it will be tallied on my imaginary score card).


Thank Golly Its Friday (TGIF)!

No comments:

Post a Comment