Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Schwarzenegger Super Cows

Documentaries are my idiot-box viewing of choice these days. Most recently, I watched (twice in one day) a doco about steroids: Bigger, Stronger, Faster*. Highly recommended if only to marvel at Schwarzenegger Super Cow (aka Belgian Blue cattle):


Blessed with double muscle via the operation of a mutated gene that suppresses the operation of Myostatin, the Schwarzenegger Super Cow makes its twitchy appearance mid-way through the doco. Not entirely sure about the relevance of the 'monster cow'. I suspect it may have been to illustrate the effects of steroids over-dosing, hence the term Schwarzenegger Super Cow.

I'm kinda a bit over all these super rich sports stars using the 'young and stupid' excuse to justify their stupidity, including A.Rod's not-so-shocking admission about his steroids abuse in 2001-2003.

A.Rod was born in 1975. He would have been 26-28 during the Schwarzenegger Super Cow years. It's a bit far fetched to say that 26-28 is young. Stupid: yes. Greedy: yes. Weak: yes. Cheater: yes. This guy is getting paid $27.5 mil a year to be all these things.

And yes, I'm the pleb that feeds the machine since I own an A.Rod shirt - I feel so dirty. Actually I just haven't returned it to it's owner. I vow to either burn it, write "sux" next to A.Rod, change 'A.Rod' to 'MAR ode', or wear it only to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:44 PM

    'A Rod' say it all doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:44 PM

    'A Rod' say it all doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete