Thursday, August 19, 2004

Regression Analysis

I don't know why but I've fallen into a habit of inadvertently wearing my clothes backwards. Be it my touch footy shorts, my turtle neck, t-shirts. This trend has been occuring consistently for the past month and usually I don't realise the faux pas until considerable time has elapsed. Like the other day, I had to reverse my turtle neck while at the lights on the way to the station. I'm sure the cars adjacent and behind copped a look (unlucky souls) and were scarred for the rest of the working day. I apologise.
Is this my brain's way of indicating that I am regressing in an ever so subtle manner?

I guess this regression activity is consistent with the approach of my quarter-century birthday.

One entity that I wished would regress to the point of non-existence is STUPID CHANNEL 7! Man are they crappy beyond belief! I so wish that the Olympic rights were allocated to SBS instead. So here's the indecency of Channel 7, whom I will refer to as Channel Crap hereafter.
Women's basketball - Australia vs Russia i.e. Number 2 in the world vs Number 3 in the world due to play on Tuesday 5:15am. Big match, AUS is a real contender for the gold medal, AUS has the best female basketballer in the world, crucial win for AUS. What does Channel Crap decide to do? Show the freakin' diving instead?! They aired all but 6 minutes of AUS vs RUS - last minute of the 3rd quarter and the first few of the 4th. What kind of perverse abomination is that? Very annoyed!! Boooooooooo!! They have absolutely no idea ... none whatsoever.

I was just mulling today, you know how people always maintain that they have no regrets, well I'm kinda the opposite. I reckon I must have one regret a day. I regret displaying excessive road rage, I regret saying a wrong word, I regret being unprepared for a meeting, I regret having a speech impediment when interacting with important people, I regret having a big head, I regret picking har mee over chicken rice, I regret cityrail etc etc. You can't live your entire life without having regrets can you? Unless people make the right decisions and I just don't. Unless it's just a question of perception.

And it has been made abundantly clear to me that some people get yelled at, and other don't. There must be something inherent within me that puts me in the 1st category. But let's not get introspective because it's Sad Hurty (Thursday) and the Boomers play The Dream(ing) Team tonight!

Oh btw, photos have been posted and here is a taste of what you can see on 'My Photos'.


Mum's & Mindy's Birthday +
Tony Chan in his sonic boom undies









All Honkie'd Out - Peko Pose and T-Toro!