Friday, August 13, 2004

Bulk Billing is Great

Hello it's Friday! Woohooo!
Today's entry may be a little incoherent due to infiltration of snot leading to an uncontrollable state of nebulousness and wooziness. No wonder I've been falling asleep every other second. It's funny how people still sit next to you on the train when you're deep in sleep and your fat head is thrashing around everywhere. Aren't they afraid that my head will end up on their shoulder? *put your head on my shoulder, hold me in your arms, baby* Perhaps people don't know that song.

Anyway, today I went downstairs to the medical centre to get my toes checked out. And guess that? They did bulk billing - score! Shall be visiting Dr Batty for all medical concerns no matter how insignificant they are. The lovely doctor jabbed my left big toe in 3 places with a needle and ... instant relief! My feet feel like they have been given new life! He was spared from having to touch my right big toe because someone stepped on it the other day during basketball. I seriously saw stars when it happened, however it proved to be rather beneficial because all this blood started oozing out and now it doesn't look as bruised. Yummmmm ... blood and puss! I actually tried the burning a hole on my toenail with a paper clip trick last night, but once I heard my nail sizzling, I kinda got scared and stopped forthwith. Maybe it was the sound of my nail plate screaming (considering plants have feelings too).

Friday Fun Activities have included:
  • Yum cha where I got to have my favourite Fried Red Bean dumplings (I won't even bother with the ping yin) - so good that I ordered 8 of them.
  • Sending Olympic hero messages to the Opals, Lauren Jackson and Penny Taylor. Here is a taste of what I wrote:

    To Lauren Jackson
    This year, Lisa Leslie can keep a lock of your golden hair - because that's as close as she will get to a gold medal! Best of luck Lauren and I hope you demoralise the opposition on your way to GOLD!

    To Penny Taylor
    Best of luck PJ in your 1st Olympic games. Why settle for a penny from heaven when you can get a gold medal! All the best and let's GO FOR GOLD!!! Cheering for the Opals - Marissa

    I must preface the above messages by informing everybody that by sending a hero message, I have a chance of winning an appearance from an Australian Olympian/Paralympian at work and receive a framed and signed Athens Lithograph valued at $4600.
    So really I'm not as obsessive as you think.

    I encourage everybody to send a cheerio and a good luck to the Olympic team via HeroMessage.