Tuesday, June 01, 2004

So what do you say when someone barges in your office with "I'm sick, I've got the shingles and I just got my period".
Do what I did throughout chemistry class in High School, that is, *smile and nod*
And if it wasn't smiling and nodding, it was singing the Nigel Song, or sucking up to my Maths teacher whom I absolutely adored (no hanky panky though).

Anyway, found out yesterday that I could have gone to Singapore for 3 days to do a presentation that I prepared for the Spore Telco Code but nooooooo I had stupid College. I really must have bad karma, or extreme bad luck, but then again luck is only how you perceive things apparently. So in another words, I am pretty lucky since NOT going to S'pore means I won't put on weight and get that ugly yellow air-conditioning skin colour that is so predominant amongst people of that country (no offence). Instead I can put on weight here (since it is winter) and get that awful white chocolate dry skin colour. Woohoo!

Speaking of winter ... how cold has it been? I almost died of hypothermia last night during touch. It took a good hour to regain feeling in my fingers. Perhaps I will have to start being hard core and wear those Rocky fingerless gloves. But then that defeats the purpose of gloves huh? Go figure. Last night, there was this guy who FULLY blew his nose (twice on the right nostril, and once on the left nostril) on the field. Then he has the audacity to shake everybody's hands after such an act of human indecency. Was really torn as to whether I should shake his hand or not. I hope the sub-degree temperature of my hands manage to sedate the snot germs.

Seattle play Phoenix on Friday morning 2:30am! How exciting! Will have to hold a nigel party reminiscent of the nigel World Cup Soccer Party I held in 1999 (as soon as I find someone who will lend me their Optus/Foxtel).