Tuesday, May 11, 2004

News Flash: Short break extending to a possible lengthy time-out from blogging ...

Heading down to Melbourne tomorrow for a "planning conference" after Mindy's graduation (congrats Mindy) @ UTS. Shall be back on Thursday but cannot promise updates due to College exams/assessments for the next fortnight.

Well the realities of working in the corporate world finally hit home today after 1/8 of our department was made redundant. I guess you have to go through atrocities like this once in your career. It has made uncertain times even more uncertain, and really hammers home the fickleness of the business world. Something else it really highlights is the value of education and a wide ranging experience, because it seems that only those with limited expertise were made redundant. I should thank my parents for making me endure secondary/tertiary education. Anyway, it's all been too daunting and I am feeling sufficiently lifeless. I am lucky I have an awesome manager that is looking out for me, but it goes to show that nothing is ever engraved in stone.

Ack my brain is all mushy and confused. I shall leave you with the wise words of Steve Martin in "The Man with Two Brains" (excellent movie):

"Point Birds"
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy,
Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Wish me luck ...

1 comment:

  1. Gee 2 commenting systems - so much choice! Turning into a comments buffet!

    ReplyDelete