Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Day 3 of College On Site coincides with Day 3 of Insomnia and general mental instability.

Sleeping has been a mental battle since Sunday night - a contradiction really - expending effort to get some winks.
College has been a bastard, I so wish with all my might that I don't have to be here. Just went through a mock trust and office accounting exam and I lost it after page 3. Another contradiction as I have a major in accounting. I have always maintained that accounting is the crappiest subject in the whole wide world. I don't get this man-made crap and 3 years of studying it has not provided any sort of enlightenment or appreciation of it.

Am suffering from extreme levels of stress and hoping that I will be able to get a good night of rest sometime in the near future. The coughing fits at night are not helping with my cause. 20 minutes of spewing my guts out and what does my mother do? Come in my room with ONE fisherman's friend! Before I leave you with this sad account of my life, can I just share with everybody what I found extremely funny on Saturday night. I was watching "Indecent Proposal" (no that's not the funny bit) and there was a scene in the movie that went like this:

*Demi Moore is teaching a citizenship class*
Demi Moore: Where do you come from?
Foreigner: Kuba
Demi Moore: OK, now say that in American like this ... cuba.

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? The audacity! The movie really is an indecent proposal if they think they can get away with that.

On other news, welcome to the 9-5 world Mindy, and congratulations to all those buff paddlers who will escape potential terrorist threats in Athens but nevertheless still get the glory and privilege of representing their country in China.