Monday, May 10, 2004

News Flash: New Photos Posted - Click on "My Photos" in Side Nav Bar


Just another Manic Monday - right on Bangles!
To celebrate the start of another working week, here is a picture of my office. See the artwork on the walls - NOT MY CHOICE! Perhaps I will bring in my 2 Grant Hill posters and blue-tack them up. I'm sure that will go down well. It will match nicely with the incoming tackarama bball ring and my Golden State Warriors mini basketball (thanks Michelle).

Hmmm, not particularly in the mood to divulge about my weekend today - purely because it was a crappy shit weekend. Intentions to study for exams (which are looming ominously) were thwarted, but only by assignment deadlines. What kind of existence is this? Makes you want to pull your hair out really - but maybe only the grey ones.


I have an insight as to WHY I have recurring 'teeth falling out and choking on them' dreams. One interpretation is that teeth decaying/falling out symbolises the death of childhood/innocence (cf. milk teeth) and the onset of responsibility/accountability/quarter-life century crisis. Though I am not too sure what the 'choking' bit is an allegory for - perhaps that I don't chew my food properly, which is entirely true. Ahhh ... the vicissitudes of life, it's bumming me out at the moment.

Anyway, watched a few movies on the weekend starting with:

  • Harvey Crumpet (on recommendation by Dr Yan Dan Goh)
    I found it thoroughly entertaining and extremely humorous. 40 minutes worth of dry humour involving subject matters that are not entirely savoury but still manages to end on a positive note.

  • Love Actually
    I have a violent objection to this movie. In fact, it borders on being an insult to my intelligence. For a movie purportedly about "love", it failed miserably to deal with the subject matter. They kinda just figured they could chuck a whole bunch of storylines together, not bothering to develop ANY of it and just brand it as a generic LOVE story to lure the masses in. Pssshhhhh. What's even worse is that they failed to even take care of the simple things like when that guy visits Keira Knightley's character with the cardboard messages, what if Keira's husband had answered the doorbell?? What would happen then?? Only saving grace was DARCY!

  • Intolerable Cruelty
    I loved the witty banter between George Clooney (he's handsome!) and Catherine Zeta Jones (she's beautiful!) - it was refreshing. And with character names like Rex Rexroth and Heinz the Baron Krauss von Espy - you really can't go wrong.

  • Honey
    Oh the dodgy homey talk was sooooo lame: "Your flava is HOT" *spew spew* Only saving grace were the bball references namely: inclusion of a cross-over dance move; Jessica Alba dating a baller; getting inspiration from basketball. Even all that was slightly lame too. At least she looked hot in it.

    Anyway, shall end here but before I go, I was told by our office version of Samantha Jones to "be a brazen hussy". Anything for professional advancement I say!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment