Friday, January 23, 2004

Recent weeks have been dictated by one theme: 'The lesser of two evils' (oh why couldn't it be the greater of 2 worths?)

Thinking that I chose the lesser of 2 evils by catching the later train into work turned out to be quite ill-fated. As luck always goes, I was hand-chosen by a weedy honkie guy to be his train buddy - bear in mind that the carriage was 80% empty (Evil No.1). Immediately he decides to plonk his feet up on the chair in front of him (Evil No.2). A few minutes into a journey, after inducing a false sense of security in his prey, began the battle of attrition. OHMYGOSH! Never in my life have I met a person who could sniff 15 times in 1 minute (Evil No. 3) Yes! I was that mentally unstable that I resorted to counting the no. of sniffs per minute. What made it even more aggravating was that he had NO SNOT to sniff, so here I am asking what the bloody hell there is to sniff (Evil No. 4). Do you realise that in my train journey of 40 minutes, I had to endure some 600 sniffles!! (Evil No. 5) To top of the melodic nasal symphony, he was also clearing his throat at a rate of 2 clears per minute (Evil No. 6). In an attempt to subtly inform him of my exasperation, I tried to tap my fingers, wiggle around in my seat and shoot quick but firm glances at him. But when he started religiously flipping his stupid flip phone, I knew that I had reached an impasse and definitely come to the end of my rapidly fraying rope. PLEASE JOE - Send this man the ettiquette book! Verdict = Pure Evil!

To study or not to study, which indeed is the lesser of 2 evils? Not studying leads to a waste of 5 years at uni, and studying equates to 15 hours of work on top of full time work. So, I went to my College of Law orientation on Tuesday and not only was I bombarded with 5 volumes of 'practice notes' (diabolic!) but I was oh so reminded of what it is like to be the "nigel in the corner of the room" - that's a song we made up in high school (inhumanity!)

Managed to choke in our grand finals for basketball. Not only did we lose, but we choked in style in front of a average sized crowd (oh the horror!) Should remind myself never to invite people to come watch finals especially when we play Rhino-Woman (only difference is she doesn't have horns).

Quick Tidbits:
• Congratulations to Malinda who has scored herself a new job - woohoo! Long time coming but well worth the wait.
• Mindy is coming back on Australia Day - woohoo! Presents galore or maybe not.
• If you have time please do the The InkBlot Test and tell me if you see a penis! It keeps asking me whether I see a penis and as hard as I try (har ... that wasn't meant to be a euphemism) I just can't see it!
• Felicity DVDs - should I or shouldn't I? As she says "sometimes it's the smallest decisions that can pretty much change your life forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment