Sunday, February 17, 2008

/Osaka

Arrived feeling slightly haggard in chilly Osaka.

Jetstar flight was not very pleasant: air-conditioning was pumped up to the max; witnessed first hand an old lady throwing up her spaghetti & meatballs (let me tell you, the gay steward was not happy about that projectile motion).

Then the correlation between the 2 dawned upon me: air con up, smelly cabin down.

Watched 7 episodes of 30 Rock (so funny! had to gag myself. thanks Gregan). Didn't managed to get much sleep. Everything attempt at leaning on those malleable head rest things was disconcertingly rebuffed. The damn head rest things kept giving way. I think the weight of my head was working against me.

Heading straight to Hiroshima tomorrow morning (at 6am). Meanwhile, a few of my fave familiar Japanese things: a) stumped (again) by the train system; b) massage chairs; c) vending machine katsu curry; d) vending machines with lost in translation drinks; and e) my all time fave (along with bidets and those funny anti-smoking campaigns) the return of the fogless mirror!







Off to bed ... need to get up in a few hours.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely steaming up here (w.r.t last photo).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want fog-free mirrors!
    And... vending machine katsu-curry... in my bedroom. YES!

    ReplyDelete