Friday, February 29, 2008

/Kamui = Epic Power Day

Japan trip fast approaching a 'ritardando'. Sitting in bed with my non-artificially frozen $2 Asahi beer on our last night in Furano. Heading off to Osaka tomorrow morning and then back home. *sob*


We decided to take a time out from Furano and head to Kamui Ski Links Resort for the day.



What greeted us what a day's worth of glorious, beautiful powder ... and the sweet part was that the mountain was, for the most part, desolate. At times, the conditions were blizzarly but the sun always managed to come out for a showing after each downpour.



It was a fantastic, 2 thumbs up day - wonderful crescendo to end the snowboarding part of our trip. Although there were 2 unfortunate events that marginally marred Kick-Ass-Kamui:

  1. I ripped a hole in my ski pants which equals cold, wet and uncomfortable. I had to ask the lovely steam buns lady to lend me some sticky tape to cover up my indecent exposure;

  2. I smashed into a massive branch which left a fairly decent dent on my helmet. My helmet definitely saved my fat-ass head today. I didn't even see the branch coming ...



Few nice pics of our last run, thanks to Dougie's supreme photo-taking skills ...





And one for the Arnie impersonator himself:



Did I hear "Get down, get down!" ??

PS: My fave is still "So you cooked up a story and dropped us in the meat grinder"

No comments:

Post a Comment