Monday, July 12, 2004

How Exshoiting!

'What could be so exshoiting?' I hear the curious screams en masse. Only that I get to wear my knee-high footy socks at touch footy tonight. Woohooo! I don't know why it never dawned upon me to do so earlier. It's the perfect solution to all my woes: it keeps your legs warm during those cold winter nights when one should really be under the doona watching Queer Eye; it keeps manky puss-ie (amended spelling just for you Tony) wounds from getting re-infected (hence the lack of need to sue local council); gives the opposition a false sense of security since they will most likely equate girl wearing gay knee-high socks with unco tryhard la-hoooos-rrr. It's all very 'fetch'.

I went shoe crazy last week and bought 3 pairs in 2 days. I have since discovered that I have a complex with high-heeled shoes. No, it's not because I sometimes walk like a bigger wally when I have heels on - it's much more profound. I simply dislike being taller than my work colleagues. I feel awkward and uneasy and accordingly feel the need to slouch - and if I slouch anymore than I already do, there would be no need for me to grow old. Plus it's so much easier to run for the train when you have flat shoes on. Same goes for jay walking and escaping that person you know but don't want to talk to.

Verdict of POPP Party: resounding success. If only I could metamorphosise those fake notes into real cha-ching.

And oh yes - bets are on as to whether we choke on Wednesday.
Details are as follows: KGV @ 6:30pm - Tracey to provide the music every time we score.