Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Snowing @ Mt Hotham

Day 3 @ Mt Hotham featured snow showers (yay!), but limited visibility. You take the good with the bad - this was the suggested mantra as I was stumbling over my feet. Today was a pretty cruisy day. We did a couple of black runs, during which I lost the group (on account of the nil visibility) and had to navigate my own route down an off-trail crevasse. There was no good in that equation ... it was just bad.



We stopped for an early lunch @ Snake's Gully, where we continued our search for half-decent coffee. If there's one thing they could improve here, it's quality of coffee. The score stands at 2-out-of-2 for watered down, overly milky, fouler than instant coffee, coffee. After lunch, half the group hit the onsen to rejuvenate weary muscles. First hand account from Miso-Hot-Nat reveals that plaarstic-bag-HT was checking Wayne out during the sanctity of the onsen, hmmmmm.



The rest of us mozied along, and enjoyed a fantastic afternoon of (the Australian version) of a blizzard. I took my chance (actually 3 chances) on the fun park rainbown ....
[here's the gratuitous butt shot, minus the bruises for all you commenters]



... and failed miserably, all 3 times. Self esteem took a major battering.



We ended the day with some snowman construction. "Bob" will be guarding our front door until the end of the week.

5 comments:

  1. Hey you should put that video of you doing the box, with a roving cam (that's me!) following you hehe :)

    BTW you should have put my mega air time photo, taken by Wayne, from yesterday, Day 2! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:27 PM

    Damn... I wanna ski, I wanna ski... Wish I was there. Had to satisfy my craving last season ki Slope near Beijing with its 100% man made snow slopes.

    Tonee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! Wish I was there to built another anatomically correct snowwoman ;-p

    Nat's PJs are GOLD! I want! I Want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snowman looks happy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tony - Hotham was basically man-made snow anyway! Had to go off-track to find the fresh white stuff. Only good thing was the on-snow accom!

    Bec - GOLD!*cue song* Apparently there was another one with "wassup b!"

    Gregan - not an abominable snowman at all.

    ReplyDelete