Monday, April 04, 2005

Footy Finals Fever ... despite foul weather

Hello World!

A month has passed with barely a squeak - you would assume (yes donkey, you, me) that this suggests that things were well oiled in March. But alas, reality is diametrically opposite to assumption (yes donkey, you, mption). Anti-highlight of the month can be summed up in one word: Queanbeyan. That town is so much of a hole that it should have been used as a representation of "the hive" in resident evil.

Bygones.

Later this evening, we play our touch footy finals - YAY! Our opposition could be considered our arched nemesis, and the last time I played them, the following event ensued:

Me streaking towards the try line with ball, further emphasising my point as the most prolific scorer EVER. Opposition yells 'touch' as I am mid-way through this process. I quickly replied with "bullshit" because quite obviously, being the quick lightening side-stepper that I am (think Martin Bella but better), there was no possibility of anyone laying a finger nail on me. Then out of no where, I hear a comment from a tubby fella on the side lines (he was a member of the other team):

Tubby Man: That's not very lady-like

[This got me REALLY REALLY FIRED UP! In this day and age .. where the hell does he get off saying something so MORONIC. Obviously he is a misogynist]

Me: WHAT?!? Do you want me to play like a girl as well?

I then proceed to run down the field like a girl - arms flapping, legs kicking out to the side - the whole kit and caboodle.

I suspect that I will screeching "touch" in a very very high octave when he comes near me tonight.

Money's on the line tonight ... fingers crossed hey?